A delicious French Toast recipe with hints of cinnamon and butter. This recipe also makes for the perfect dish.
What You’ll Need
4 large thick slices of bread (1-2 days old), halved*
3 tbsp heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3-4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon (or more)
3-4 tbsp butter
1. In a large shallow dish, beat the eggs. Add the cream and vanilla essence, stirring well to combine.
2. Combine sugar with ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
3. Dip bread in the egg mixture to coat both sides. Drain off excess egg. Set aside on a plate and sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with the rest of the bread.
4. Heat a large non-stick pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp of butter to melt. Add the bread slices with the sugar side down. Then, sprinkle the top of each slice with 1 tsp sugar mixture.
3. When the bottom of the bread has browned and caramelized, add more butter to the pan, and then flip the bread over to fry the other side. Shake the pan slightly to move the bread around so that it soaks up some of that melted butter and caramelize with the cinnamon sugar. Watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn! When it’s nicely browned, caramelized and glossy-looking, transfer to a serving plate. Serve immediately with maple syrup if desired, and fresh strawberries.
Another delicious recipe from To Food With Love